MORCOM DESIGN WORKSHOP has been trading since 2011 and undertakes direct engineering commissions on all aspects of small and medium sized projects, predominantly in the Bath and Bristol area but also undertakes commissions in London and elsewhere. MDW is adaptable and equally able to work on whole projects or specific elements and stages including feasibility studies, building surveys or resolving problems with existing buildings and structures. In addition to completely new buildings MDW has extensive experience of working with existing buildings, historic structures and other notable buildings and has a particular interest in combining these skills. Further activities include structural engineering design tutoring at Bath and Oxford Brookes Universities.
MDW is an adaptable, collaborative and creative engineering practice. MDW nurtures the best ideas, theories and thoughts to help generate creative structural solutions and engineering design of high quality. Its wide experience enables a positive contribution and identification of the most efficient and appropriate forms of construction at an early stage and the use of the full range of design techniques including CAD and hand drawing and analysis enable efficient delivery.
A company experienced with working with all types of clients, with whom it will create a positive relationship.
We work from a purpose built design workshop with fabulous views and a dog!
- Ability to develop simple, innovative and buildable solutions that maximise resource use and value.
- Critical approach to scheme appraisal, evaluation and design with a strong desire to achieve balanced designs within financial framework.
- Lateral, creative and strategic thinking with a good appreciation of how designers and other professionals think.
- Well developed visualisation techniques with both hand drawing and CAD skills suited to working on all types of project.
- Ability to communicate designs equally to professionals and inexperienced clients.
- Excellent complementary skills in investigation, improvisation, adaptation and analysis.
DARRELL MORCOM is an intelligent and experienced structural designer with over 30 years practice in a broad range of well known consultancies with a track record for design quality. Experience has encompassed a wide range of refurbishment and new build projects from the award winning MCC Indoor Cricket School to the Mobility Zone in the Millennium Dome, the refurbishment of The Bristol Old Vic and many small residential schemes. Experience in innovative designs encompasses many different materials and techniques including prefabrication and modular design. A good communicator with skills developed in numerous concept and scheme designs, competitions and work in education amongst others.
For additional information please refer to our LinkedIn page
To make contact via a form please go to this Page
or call 07710967798